Thursday 15 November 2012

Review report


Review report

I have met many of my targets that I set myself for the period of the five-week video profile project to complete that I put in my logbook. For my targets I've learned how set up and use the equipment for filming, script planning and writing and reviewing and editing on the computers using the footage I have filmed. In order to complete these targets I set myself I used a few strategies and plans such as setting a time limit for each target to motivate myself into working harder and faster so I don’t end up with unfinished work that is important. I also organize my work carefully and plan what work I’m going to do accordingly so I don’t end up with collisions with work ethics and other people’s timetables and then I can finish.

I learnt during this video project that I enjoy group discussions as a learning activity as I can learn more and expand my ideas by listening to others peoples ideas and opinions, in doing this I can make my own answers and ideas more detailed and fluid as I explain them to others , and add in my own thoughts so others can gain the same learning as I do. I also enjoy more physical learning activities as the learning becomes more interesting and it’s easier for me to remember them at a later date and I can understand it better. I also work well with independent work when the topic is more difficult to understand as I can figure out the problems on my own so I can understand it better.

What motivates me as a learner is when the topic is something I already know a little bit about as then I can add to my knowledge and when there is a reward of some sorts at the end such as knowing that I completely understand the topic and can apply it and help others to understand it as well is a good motivation. A deadline is also a good motivation for I have found as it helps me focus on my work to complete and I can apply my energy into the topic.

As a learner it frustrates me when I have to work with others that have different styles of learning to me as it slows the learning process and we can’t work together and learning together would’ve been pointless. It also frustrates me when we go over the same topic over and over without actually learning anything and not moving onto other topics that I have no understanding of so when it comes to review I don’t understand what I’m supposed to be doing. It also frustrates me when other students disrupt the learning as everyone else is affected and it becomes difficult to focus again and my thoughts are lost.

In the future to be a more effective learner I will make more notes during lessons to refer back to as I review my work and make improvements as I often forget to make notes and as a result it takes longer for me to recall the lessons and therefore wastes time when I could be working. I could also start to explore different styles of learning so I have different ways of learning so I have more variation and I can work with different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment